CDC CONCUSSION AWARENESS
SportsSignUp Play makes it easy for you by integrating the CDC’s Heads Up to Concussion curriculum and “exam” into the online registration process.
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), each year, U.S. emergency departments (EDs) treat an estimated 173,285 sports – and recreation – related TBIs, including concussions, among children and adolescents, from birth to 19 years. Children and teens are more likely to get a concussion and take longer to recover than adults.
SportsSignUp Play strives to reduce Concussions through awareness – Coaches can complete the online CDC Heads Up Online Concussion Training. A copy of the certificate of completion and successful scoring on the CDC Concussion test must be kept in the team/squad book.
Training Material & Concussion Quiz Sample
How do we Get Started?
The “Online Quiz Requirement” Registration Rule already exists in your system.
1. Activate the Registration Rule
- From the Admin Homepage select Setup>Registration Settings>Registration Rules
- Select your preferred “Rule Blocking Behavior“:
- No Blocking – Registrant does NOT have to achieve a passing score to complete their registration.
- Blocks Registration – Registrant MUST achieve a passing score of 80% or better to complete their registration.
- Save Changes
2. Assign the Rule
- Go to Registrations>Manage Programs>select a Program
- Click blue button “Registration Rules“
- Choose “Online Quiz Requirement” for “Assign Rule“
- Select the Roles you want to be tested>Save Changes
- Repeat the assignment steps for all applicable Programs
How often will Registrants need to re-take the Training/Quiz?
Volunteers need to review the training materials and pass the quiz once every two years. Registrants that have satisfied the quiz requirement will not be prompted to take the quiz during any other registration within the two year period.
How do Admins know who has passed the Quiz?
We suggest you create a custom report that includes the “Quiz Score” to quickly check status and results.
What is the Cost?
There is no additional cost for the Concussion training and quiz module–it is available to all Leagues, Clubs and Teams currently subscribed to a Premium or Premium Plus account.